Friday 8 May 2015

My Korean/Japanese Make Up Stash




I thought I'd share my Eastern make up stash today!

So first up are the Etude House Fresh Cherry Tints, I have three of these and as the name suggests they are lip tints. When first applied they don't seem to do much but after a little while you get a really vibrant colour from them (especially the red one) and they stay put for ages although they can be quite drying after a while. 

Next up is Fairy Drops Tokyo Mascara, and let's just admire how adorably cute the packaging is! This is a cult classic in Japan and I can see why, I get lots of volume from this.

The Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion foundation is an usual one, it's a cushion soaked in foundation with a sponge that you press into the product and then tap on your face. It gives a really nice air brush effect although I did find it a bit time consuming I enjoyed using this and need to buy a refill (which is also a good thing, you don't have to repurchase the full thing). 

I also have the Skin79 BB Powder, which is good for when your out and about for touch ups during the day (not that I tend to touch up much) as the packaging houses a mirror, the powder and has what I can only describe as a shelf which holds the sponge out of the powder (I'm sure there is probably a technical term for this and I'm being a bit dense). At first I really liked the packaging, but I've had two of these so far and this "shelf" always breaks in my make up bag and then it doesn't close properly, which is very annoying!

Sticking with Skin79, I have the Super Beblesh Balm (don't ask me what "Beblesh" means!) and my mum and I really like this and have repurchased it many times (which really is something as I tend not to stay loyal to one thing). It only comes in one shade which is pale (as the Koreans like it that way) which suits me as I'm quite a ghostly shade! It goes on quite thick but once applied doesn't look it at all and the coverage is great. Western BB creams don't even come close!

Next up is the Tony Moly Cat's Wink powder and again, let's admire the cute packaging, and yes, that is why I bought it I'm not even going to lie. It comes with a mirror and a sponge and you know what? The powder is actually really nice and finely milled and sets make up without being cakey. 

Finally is the Etude House Face Conditioning Cream, this makes a great base for make up whilst balancing oily/combination skin and is also anti-wrinkle. Everything my face wants in a nice big tube!

I think it's also worth mentioning that eastern make up tends to have a high SPF in it which makes sense as the country they come from is very sunny, this doesn't bother me in the slightest and actually it's important to protect your skin, even in our rubbish weather!

I purchase most of my eastern products from the eopenmarket website HERE and I've never encountered any problems but bear in mind these things take a while to come in the post being from so far away.

Thanks for reading,

Wench x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!