Wednesday 10 June 2015

College Hair Dressers and Spa


Would you let students loose on you?

That sounds very wrong but what I actually mean is that it seems to be a little known fact or an often overlooked one that you can get your hair done or have beauty treatments at your local college (depending on the college of course!) and the best part is it's miles cheaper! 

For my birthday my hubby kindly treated me, so I had my hair cut and coloured, my eye brows tinted and waxed, a manicure, and a facial! (I needed a lot of work!)

Yes, it's done by students and their not fully qualified but they are supervised by tutors who ARE fully qualified, they've probably practised on those creepy doll heads first, and come on, everyone has to start somewhere! I also feel that as their training they take extra care to get it right, particularly when they're practising on people. Be prepared to put some time aside if you do decide to go to a college hairdressers as they do tend to take their time (and I don't know about you, but I'd much prefer them to take their time rather than rush and make a hash of it!) my appointment was at 9:30am and it wasn't finished until 12:45pm although my hair was a big job, after dying it red then brown and stripping etc it was multicoloured and needed correcting but the two ladies assigned to the task did an excellent job, the poor things had to do the top one colour, the bottom another, and lots of mixing colours to get what I wanted and then cutting it. I am so impressed with the result definitely worth the time! 

I also went to the college spa where I had a Dermalogica facial which was lovely, I could have fell asleep! I didn't realise it went past just the face and across the neck and shoulders too, bonus! I had my eyebrows tinted and waxed which is just as well as they were turning into werewolves again! I had a french manicure too, I've attempted to do white tips myself before needless to say I failed and it's always so much better when someone else does it for you! 

All of that little lot (or should I say large lot!) cost £42.50 and that is a real bargain!

Would you let students cut you hair?

Thanks for reading,

Wench x      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!